We encourage innovation and excellence through our Horizon support programme and the development of a digital researchers network. You can also apply to research related awards, prizes and fellowship, and get more information on the Horizon Europe Programme.
Learn more about EU Funding schemes
Horizon Europe explained
Horizon Europe is the European Union’s main funding instrument for research and innovation. Over a period of seven years, € 95.5 billion are available for researchers in universities, companies and other institutions. The goal is to ensure Europe produces world-class science, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
UEG aims at making access to these programmes easier through information updates, reference documents and network creation, as well as UEG Week sessions.
Karim Berkouk, European Commission provided a presentation on Horizon Europe on occasion of UEG Week Virtual 2020.
The EU has launched research initiatives related to COVID-19 within the Horizon Europe Programme:
- Draft health work programme 2021-2022
- Horizon Europe and COVID-19 Research
- European COVID-19 Data Platform.
- UEG grants €10.000 grant for Horizon Europe application
- Become Horizon Europe evaluator
- Researchers Network
Information as of February 10, 2021
Interested in applying?
Watch our best presentations by Horizon grant holders
General presentation of Horizon Europe by the European Commission
European Research Council:
- Starting Grant: Boosting your research career as an excellent principal investigator: ERC Grant application, Harry Sokol
- Consolidator Grant: Individual funding through the European Research Council: A gastroenterologist shares experiences and advice, Dieter Saur
- Writing a successful ERC Advanced Grant application, Guy Boeckxstaens
- Writing a successful Marie-Curie-Fellowship application, Camille Danne
Pillar 2 – Health:
- Winning a H2020 collaborative project, Edouard Louis, BIOCYCLE Project
- Relevant Horizon 2020 calls in gastroenterology and hepatology: How to find them and how to apply, Ameli Schwalber, consultancy supporting grant applications
UEG is establishing a dedicated network and platform for exchange on EU funded research in digestive health
Get information about our network platform to receive the latest information on EU funding calls and grants on digestive health, UEG support programmes and invitations to webinars, live-chats with grant holders and other helpful tools to apply for specific EU grants.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 34
- T: +43 1 997 16 39