We encourage innovation and excellence through our Horizon support programme and the development of a digital researchers network. You can also apply to research related awards, prizes and fellowship, and get more information on the Horizon Europe Programme.
Stay tuned for UEG Week Virtual 2021
Horizon Europe is the European Union’s main funding instrument for research and innovation. The goal is to ensure Europe produces world-class science, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
UEG Week Virtual 2021 (October 3-5) features exciting sessions on Horizon Europe and its subprograms.
Listen to the prerecorded session Horizon Europe: What is in it for GI Researchers? with presentations on the Mission on Cancer, the Innovative Health Initiative and the funding opportunities for non-EU Countries.
Thought-provoking exchange with experts in the myUEG Community Programme Hall!
- The session A melting pot: Inclusive research opportunities for Eastern Europeans & beyond will give you the keys to collaboration with other researchers throughout Europe
- Get inspired with Marinating on what’s to come: The future of research and discuss with top-level researchers and UEG Research Prize winners how you envision the evolutions in Research.
Opportunities in Horizon Europe
- General presentation of Horizon Europe by the European Commissio
- Horizon Europe explained for GI researchers
European Research Council:
- Starting Grant: Boosting your research career as an excellent principal investigator: ERC Grant application, Harry Sokol
- Consolidator Grant: Individual funding through the European Research Council: A gastroenterologist shares experiences and advice, Dieter Saur
- Writing a successful ERC Advanced Grant application, Guy Boeckxstaens
- Writing a successful Marie-Curie-Fellowship application, Camille Danne
Pillar 2 – Health:
- Winning a H2020 collaborative project, Edouard Louis, BIOCYCLE Project
- Relevant Horizon 2020 calls in gastroenterology and hepatology: How to find them and how to apply, Ameli Schwalber, consultancy supporting grant applications
UEG is establishing a dedicated network and platform for exchange on EU funded research in digestive health
Get information about our network platform to receive the latest information on EU funding calls and grants on digestive health, UEG support programmes and invitations to webinars, live-chats with grant holders and other helpful tools to apply for specific EU grants.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 34
- T: +43 1 997 16 39