A multidisciplinary online and face-to-face learning experience
This brand-new intensive training programme is highly interactive for both faculty and participants, maximising learning outcomes and expanding participants’ knowledge using the latest training standards. With our perfect blend of online and on-site (face-to-face) education, clinicians currently specialising in the field will be given an ultra-modern learning, networking and developing experience featuring top faculty in the field of chronic pancreatitis.
Application is now closed. Applicants were notified of acceptance/rejection status on August 5, 2021.
The UEG Masterclass on Chronic Pancreatitis: Face-to-Face Course, Vienna, Austria, 02/12/2021- 03/12/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 10 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
The UEG Masterclass on Chronic Pancreatitis: Webinar 1, online, Austria, 08/11/2021-08/11/2021
has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 1 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
The UEG Masterclass on Chronic Pancreatitis: Webinar 2, online, Austria, 22/11/2021-22/11/2021 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 1 European CME credits (ECMEC®s).
The UEG Online Course Chronic Pancreatitis, made available on https://ueg.eu/p/120 and organized by United European Gastroenterology (UEG), is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists.
Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
The face-to-face course will be held in Vienna, Austria. The exact venue location will be shared with participants in due time.
Please note that no travel or accommodation reimbursement will be provided. Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.
While we are eager to return to offering face-to-face educational events, we remain committed to our responsibility to keep attendees and faculty safe. We are closely monitoring the situation in Austria and the impact on travel restrictions. If it is the case that the course must be postponed, you will be informed immediately.
Djuna Cahen, The Netherlands
Rui Castro, Portugal
Hana Algül, Germany
Irene Esposito, Germany
Markus Lerch, Germany
Ali Aghdassi, Germany
Maria Antonietta Bali, Belgium
Marc Besselink, The Netherlands
Güralp Ceyhan, Turkey
Enrique de Madaria, Spain
Gavin Johnson, United Kingdom
Julia Mayerle, Germany
Mary Elizabeth Philips, United Kingdom
The UEG Masterclass comprises an innovative educational format combining online learning activities with the best features of classroom interaction and live instruction.
The online phase will be spread out over the month of November 2021, with approximately 2 hours of mandatory weekly assignments. This personalised online learning experience will feature a varied mix of live and self-paced materials, including:
- Short instructional weekly videos
- Assigned reading of clinical practice guidelines
- A self-paced online course on chronic pancreatitis by Julia Mayerle and Georg Beyer
- Live interactive webinars:
- Webinar 1: Aetiology - Markus Lerch
- Webinar 2: Pathology and Basic & Translational Research - Irene Esposito and Hana Algül
The online phase is carefully aligned with the topics and cases being covered on-site to provide an integrated learning experience. Participants will work together in multidisciplinary groups to solve clinical cases presented at the on-site meeting.
Detailed programme information and schedules will be shared with participants directly in due course.
The culmination of this blended learning experience will be a 2-day face-to-face event in Vienna, Austria, featuring:
- Multidisciplinary case-based learning
- World-class faculty
- A mix of teaching formats, e.g. case studies, discussion, group work, quizzes, etc.
- Opportunities for networking with a multidisciplinary peer group and faculty
The two days will be structured into sections covering the following topics:
- Diagnostic challenges
- Pain management & duct drainage
- Local complications
- Biliary obstructions
- Pancreatic insufficiency and cancer
- How to set up a chronic pancreatitis service
Participants will work in multidisciplinary teams to solve cases prepared by faculty members in each topic block.
- To develop an up-to-date knowledge base for long-term evidence-based patient management
- To be confident evaluating and managing patients with chronic pancreatitis
- To create a multidisciplinary mindset to chronic pancreatitis
- To understand what’s needed to operate an effective chronic pancreatitis service
- Clinicians (gastroenterologists, endoscopists, surgeons, radiologists) in specialised training with specific interest in chronic pancreatitis
- Age 40 and below (exceptions for main caretakers of a child according to regular UEG policy)
- Interested in both highly interactive online and on-site learning
- M: +43 699 1997 16 21
- T: +43 1 997 16 39
- M: +43 699 1997 16 16
- T: +43 1 997 16 39