UEG offers 510 Travel Grants up to € 750 in 2021 for clinical and basic scientists up to the age of 40:
- 200 grants for best submitted clinical science abstracts
- 140 grants for best submitted basic science abstracts
- 170 grants for best submitted abstracts presented by scientists from economically disadvantaged countries
- Applicants must be 40 years of age or younger at the time of the meeting (born October 15, 1979 or later; add two years to age limit per child as main carer).
- The grant must be applied for when submitting an abstract via the abstract submission portal.
- The grant can only be awarded once per abstract presenter per meeting.
Travel grants are awarded on the basis of scientific merit using the evaluation process of the Scientific Committee. Basic science Travel Grants must be supported by a letter signed by the Head of Department, including a summary of current research and how it relates to basic science. This letter is only required once the basic science Travel Grant has been approved.
Awardees are notified about the Travel Grant once their abstract has been accepted for presentation. The grant is paid via bank transfer after the congress. The presenting author needs to present a valid ID card or passport (for identification and age verification) at the Travel Grant counter, located in the registration area of the venue.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 05
- T: +43 1 997 16 39