Horizon Europe is the European Union’s main funding instrument for research and innovation. The goal is to ensure Europe produces world-class science, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
Watch the recordings of the UEG Week Virtual 2021 Session Horizon Europe: What is in it for GI Researchers? with presentations on the Mission on Cancer, the Innovative Health Initiative and the funding opportunities for non-EU Countries.
Browse through our comprehensive library recordings to prepare to your applications:
- General presentation of Horizon Europe by the European Commission
- Horizon Europe explained for GI researchers
- A melting pot: Inclusive research opportunities for Eastern Europeans & beyond
European Research Council:
- Starting Grant: Boosting your research career as an excellent principal investigator: ERC Grant application, Harry Sokol
- Consolidator Grant: Individual funding through the European Research Council: A gastroenterologist shares experiences and advice, Dieter Saur
- Writing a successful ERC Advanced Grant application, Guy Boeckxstaens
- Writing a successful Marie-Curie-Fellowship application, Camille Danne
Pillar 2 – Health:
- Winning a H2020 collaborative project, Edouard Louis, BIOCYCLE Project
- Relevant Horizon 2020 calls in gastroenterology and hepatology: How to find them and how to apply, Ameli Schwalber, consultancy supporting grant applications
We invest up to € 10,000 per consortium, to support your application for EU research funding
Applying for EU research funding is a time-consuming and costly process. Our Horizon Europe Support provides you with:
- Meeting facilities at UEG Week and at the House of European Gastroenterology.
- Catering and other logistical meeting support onsite
- Reimbursement of costs for accommodation & travel (economy airfare) to your meeting(s)
- Advice for your research topic from our community of leading experts in digestive health.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 34
- T: +43 1 997 16 39