This intense, clinically-oriented course is an educational opportunity for gastroenterology trainees across Europe, combining state-of-the-art lectures with practical skills training.
Each morning, cases will be presented for discussion alongside related lectures. The afternoon will be dedicated to practical training in small groups, while faculty and applicants will have opportunities to meet, network and share ideas in the evenings.
Enhance your professional network through close academic and social interactions with highly regarded faculty and peers from diverse backgrounds.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the Summer School will no longer take place in June 2020. Details and dates for the Summer School 2021 will be available on this page shortly.
- Gain new practical and clinical knowledge that can be applied immediately
- Receive practical training in techniques that are in-demand for medical professionals in clinical hepato-gastroenterology
- Clinicians (medical, surgical or imaging hepato-gastroenterologists) in their first to third year of their training at the time of their application
- Age 40 and below
The following course directors are responsible for the scientific programme:
- Roberto Penagini (Italy)
- Minneke Coenraad (The Netherlands)
- Radislav Nakov (Bulgaria)
Hotel International Prague
160 00 Praha 6
Accommodation will be in the same hotel as the UEG Summer School. The costs for all participants will be covered by UEG.
Participation in Summer School is through selection only. A maximum of 160 participants will be invited. The following selection criteria are taken into account:
- Applicants should be in their first to third year of training at the time of application, a letter confirming the trainee status must be provided
- Age 40 and below
- Priority will be given to those who have not previously participated.
- Potential second-time (or third-time) participants fulfilling the above mentioned selection criteria are selected according to the time of application (first-come, first-served).
To achieve diversity within the course, regional and gender balance will also be taken into consideration. Preference will be given to members of a UEG National or Specialist Member Society. The membership status has to be proven by uploading a document that confirms the membership for the year of the course.
Please note that these criteria have no absolute delimitations and no legal weight.
Selected participants will be notified via e-mail. A registration payment via online bank transfer is required to confirm the registration. Different registration fees apply depending on the country of origin. See the overview of registration fees applied.
- Course registration and course material
- 3 nights of accommodation (single room)
- Lunches and coffee breaks throughout the course
Once selected, participants must sign up for a total of 4 parallel sessions (hands-on sessions); 2 parallel sessions to attend on Friday and 2 parallel sessions to attend on Saturday. Please note that these parallel sessions have limited capacity and slots will be allocated to participants on a first come, first served basis.
All selected participants are required to attend the Summer School in its entirety. Attendees are responsible for making their own travel arrangements. Please note that no travel reimbursement will be provided.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 33
- T: +43 1 997 16 39