We invite European centres to become part of the UEG Clinical Visiting Fellowship and to host a young hepato-gastroenterologist for two weeks between January and December 2021.
What do we offer?
- UEG awards up to 30 visiting fellowships for young clinicians,
- facilitates the application and selection process of interested fellows,
- establishes contact between interested fellows and respective centres,
- provides a grant € 1,250 per fellow to contribute to travel and accommodation costs and
- promotes the initiative on the UEG website, in social media and other publications
Is my centre a suitable host centre?
1) Your centre is recognised for its specialty in one of the following areas:
- Gastro-duodenal disorders
- GI oncology
- Nutrition and small intestine
- Functional disorders
2) Your centre will appoint a tutor who is
- willing to create an environment to train fellows with a primary focus on the respective specialty
- prepared to actively involve the fellow in the centre’s day-to-day work
- willing to provide organisational assistance to the fellow (e.g. support in finding accommodation)
Participating centres will
- gain experience of international training
- create opportunities for future collaboration
- tap in a resource of young talented physicians and researchers
- get visibility through the programme on the UEG website and throughout other UEG communications and publications
- receive pan-European endorsement in their field of expertise
If your institution would like to collaborate with us in supporting the interaction between young clinicians and prestigious European centres, please complete the form below and let us know what type of training your centre would be able to offer.
All applications submitted by July 31, 2020 will be considered for the list of host centres for 2021. Centres will be informed about the selection by August 31, 2020.
- M: +43 699 1997 16 01
- T: +43 1 997 16 39