UEG invites European centres to become part of the Clinical Visiting Fellowship and to host a young digestive healthcare specialist for two weeks in 2024.
What does UEG offer?
- UEG awards up to 30 visiting fellowships for young clinicians,
- facilitates the application and selection process of interested fellows,
- establishes contact between interested fellows and respective centres,
- provides a grant € 1,250 per fellow to contribute to travel and accommodation costs and
- promotes the initiative on the UEG website, in social media and other publications
Application is closed.
Is my centre a suitable host centre?
1) Your centre is recognised for its specialty in one of the following areas:
- Gastro-duodenal disorders
- GI oncology
- Nutrition and small intestine
- Functional disorders
2) Your centre will appoint a tutor who is
- willing to create an environment to train fellows with a primary focus on the respective specialty
- prepared to actively involve the fellow in the centre’s day-to-day work
- willing to provide organisational assistance to the fellow (e.g. support in finding accommodation)
Participating centres will
- gain experience of international training
- create opportunities for future collaboration
- tap in a resource of young talented physicians and researchers
- get visibility through the programme on the UEG website and throughout other UEG communications and publications
- receive pan-European endorsement in their field of expertise