The EU has launched several research initiatives related to COVID-19 in Horizon 2020 Programme
In the current crisis, medical associations must lead by example.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority and our thoughts are with affected patients and healthcare staff. The rapid spread of the novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) poses unprecedented challenges to all of us. We proceed in parallel with national and international health authorities.
We have decided not to hold meetings for the remainder of 2020. We will conduct virtual meetings wherever possible.
Nationwide lockdowns imposed on many countries have required the cancellation or postponement of several congresses.
UEG Week Virtual 2020 will take place from October 11-13, 2020
Best of Postgraduate Teaching from UEG Week will take place from November 27-28, 2020
Let’s meet, exchange and evolve virtually for the best gastroenterology congress in the world!
With the help of experts in our community we have collected relevant links to official publications and scientific articles.
Updates and new articles will be added as they become available.
- DElayed COloRectal cancer surgery during COVID-19 pandemic (ESCP) - closed
- European, prospective multicenter study on the assessment of gastrointestinal symptoms of Sars-Cov-2 Infection (GI-COVID19) (ESNM)
- International Endoscopy Training Survey (ENDOTRAIN) - closed
- IBD telemedicine survey (Charlie Lees) - closed
- Coronavirus and IBD Reporting Registry (SECURE-IBD)
- EoE/EGID and COVID-19 data collection (SECURE EOE/EGID)
- European Coronavirus (COVID-19) in liver disease reporting registry (University of Oxford)
- Coronavirus and Celiac Disease Reporting Database (SECURE-Celiac)
- Position paper on COVID-19 & digestive health (UEG)
- COVID-19 Parental Advice Guide (ESPGHAN)
- ESGE and ESGENA Position Statement on gastrointestinal endoscopy and the COVID-19 pandemic (ESGE, ESGENA)
- COVID-19: BSG and BASL advice for healthcare professionals in gastroenterology and Hepatology (BSG)
- EASL-ESCMID Position Paper: Patients with advanced liver disease and transplant recipients require specific care during COVID-19 (EASL, ESCMID)
- COVID-19 Statements (EAES)
- Espen expert statements and practical guidance for nutritional management of individuals with sars-cov-2 infection (ESPEN)
- ECCO Information on COVID-19 (ECCO-IBD)
- Protección en Unidades de Endoscopia frente al COVID-19 (SEED)
- Clinical management of severe acute respiratory infection (SARI) when COVID-19 disease is suspected (WHO)
- Joint GI society message: COVID-19 clinical insights for our community of gastroenterologists and gastroenterology care providers (AGA)
- Gastroenterology during COVID-19 pandemic: FISMAD recommendations (FISMAD)
- The daily impact of COVID-19 in gastroenterology (UEG Journal)
- Practice of endoscopy during COVID-19 pandemic: position statements of the Asian Pacific Society for Digestive Endoscopy (APSDE-COVID statements) (BMJ)
- Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) (UpToDate)
- Evidence Summary Clinical Management of COVID-19 (King’s Critical Care)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak: what the department of endoscopy should know (GIE Journal)
- Screening of faecal microbiota transplant donors during the COVID-19 outbreak: suggestions for urgent updates from an international expert panel (The Lancet)
- How will country-based mitigation measures influence the course of the COVID-19 epidemic? (The Lancet)
- Liver injury in COVID-19: management and challenges (The Lancet)
- At the Epicenter of the Covid-19 Pandemic and Humanitarian Crises in Italy: Changing Perspectives on Preparation and Mitigation (NEJM)
- Evidence for gastrointestinal infection of SARS-CoV-2 (Gastroenterology)
- COVID-19: Gastrointestinal manifestations and potential fecal-oral transmission (Gastroenterology)
- Steckbrief COVID-19 – Clinical characteristics in children and adolescents (Inselspital)
- Sondernewsletter März 2020 - Auch in Coronazeiten: Babys weiter stillen! (Child Health Foundation Kindergesundheit)